Friday, December 28, 2012

A Step in the Right Direction

12/28/12

We had our first ultrasound yesterday, and we actually got to have T do it.  It's completely different to have someone who actually cares about you as a person and hugs you when they come in the room.  She gave us lots of information, answered questions, and best of all, got to the ultrasound fast.

I take that back, best of all, there was a heartbeat!  We could see it flickering very clearly on the screen. Everything else looked good, too.  The yolk sack was there, the shape around the baby was normal, there was a whiter lining around it (don't remember what it was, but apparently it was good).  T thought she could see what would become the umbilical cord, too.

The baby measured 6 weeks 3 days on most of the measurements she took.  We thought we were 6 weeks 5 days, but at this stage it's not abnormal to be within a few days.  Plus, we were estimating based on my last menstrual period, so we could be wrong.  The only thing that scares me is that the last baby quit growing at 6 weeks, 3 days.  We went in at 6 weeks 1 day and could see the heartbeat just like this time.  Two weeks later, there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks 3 days.

We have an ultrasound again next week to look for growth.  Honestly, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much until then.  And I know we aren't out of the woods at 7 weeks, but it will pass that milestone for me.  Everyone keeps saying that everything will be fine, not to worry until we have something to worry about, etc.  But everyone said that last time and it was not fine.  So while we did take a step in the right direction, I am still trying to guard my heart and wait to see what God has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment