Thursday, August 01, 2013

Full Term!

We are at 37.5 weeks right now, so we made it to full term!  Our doctor says we're just on auto pilot waiting now.  It is so nice to be on auto pilot.  So much of getting pregnant and even being pregnant has been anything but normal.  It seems like there's was always something going wrong that was statistically improbable.  So auto pilot is very exciting.

I feel like I'm doing pretty well.  I am sore and hot, but I'm 9 months pregnant in July...so that's to be expected.  My pubic bone is the worst when I lay on my side, which is the only way I can lay right now.  On my stomach is out of the question for obvious reasons and laying on my back not only hurts my back, but can pinch one of the main veins.  So side it is.  But turning over is quite an ordeal (usually requires several smaller - painful - turns).    Getting up to go to the bathroom a few times a night takes a long time.  I am always hot and can get overheated and nauseous really easily.  And I tend to always be cold (my actual temperate runs low as well), so being more hot than everyone else is foreign to me.  I have heartburn, but Tums work.  It's the pubic bone pain that's the worst.

Once I walk around a little bit, it seems like my bones start to line up where they're supposed to and it doesn't hurt as bad.  So I feel lucky that this is the worst symptom I have.  I know a lot of women are fed up with being pregnant at this point, but I haven't really hit that yet.  Yes, I'm uncomfortable, but nothing that's unbearable.

We are ready whenever she is, although we are looking at buying a new car.  But if I went into labor right now, we have everything we need.  I would still rather she hang out for a little while, though.  With the way our maternity leave works at the district, the longer she stays in, the longer I get paid.  I am going to take an unpaid leave through December, and would prefer to have as much time as possible under the "paid" category.  Our maternity leave policy pretty much stinks, so I want to get out as much as possible.

In other news, my mother (and father, although he didn't actually come) - in - law threw me a shower with family and friends.  They did a really cute bun in the oven theme, as you can see by the pictures below.


Punch - very tasty

That picture frame was how we told them we were pregnant

Adorable decorations


Dessert table



Food

Fruit "baby carriage"

They did such a great job with all their Pinterest ideas!  It is so nice to have so many people who love us and have prayed for this baby for a long time.  She is one blessed little girl, already!  I still have to get the pictures from my church shower, and I'll post them once I do.

Until then, auto pilot it is.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment